Baby Kaia!

So I had decided that I wanted to have a natural birth...no meds...and I wanted everything to go smoothly even though I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes...so I really took care to watch what I ate, and not gain to much weight...

I was due on Dec 13th, 2009. On Dec 18th I had a Dr's Appointment and she still had not come. When I went to the Dr I was 4 cm dilated, and they were calling for a huge snow storm, so the Dr in the office sent me on over to the hospital to be induced.

By the time we got there it was snowing, A LOT for around here!

But there wasn't much to do but wait. I was there hours before a Dr even came in, so I argued with the nurses plenty. I wasn't in labor, or on any meds so why did I have to be strapped to the bed and a bunch of monitors when I wanted to walk around?
They finally came in at about 4 to break my water... but still not much was happening...
Then around 6 they came in to start my Pictocin.... still didn't think much was happening...contractions still weren't that close or bad... but one came that had me writhing and crawling onto my knees, and my MIL freaked out and went to ask for some pain meds, when as she's walking out the door I yelled that No, I was ready to push! The nurse comes in to check, and as my MIL is walking back in the nurse yells for her to leave the door open and starts calling for people in the hall to come in, NOW! At this point my body has taken over...I am not trying to push, it's just doing it! The Dr barely got in on time, and after a total of 6 pushes, the baby was out! At about 6:20! So only 2 and a half hours after they broke my water, with no drugs! I was rather pleased with that! So I might have screamed a couple times when she was coming out... it was a worthwhile trade to be able to stand up and be completely coherent the whole time!
It was funny, because Saedi was going to be in the room...as they were putting in my IV for the pictocin she headed out to grab some food, we all figured it would be a couple hours at least...nope....she had just gotten down to the cafeteria when Sue was calling her telling her to come back! She got back up in time to see them cleaning the baby!
Sue was there, and so was Lisa, my MIL, and of course Derrick!

Isn't she lovely!


Everyone had to come see her too!

0 comments: