Kaia's First Birthday!


I knew I had to have that ONE big party for the first...you know, invite everyone and their brother...Kane's have calmed down a lot, and started being geared more for him and his friends, but I did the same for his first. Of course, I would have to make her cake...I have, for better or worse, always made the cakes, and would feel really lame if I stopped now. It would either be, Kane: "Mommy, why does Kaia get pretty store bought cakes" or Kaia in the future :"Mommy, why didn't you make my cake!" So yeah, Pink Elephant Cake here I come...

And I decided on fondant, marshmallow fondant...it was a huge, messy pain in my ass, but it turned out better than I could have asked for a first try with that stuff, and with almost no fondant experience...even if you did have to peel the fondant off or OD on sugar, it looked pretty!


We held it at the fellowship hall for our church, since I didn't want to cram that many people into my house...and it was a nice easy to find location, and I live slightly in the boonies...

Almost everyone came, so that was fun! Kaia had her own little cake of course, with no fondant hehe...

It was apparently rather nom-mi-licious!

Would you like a bite Grandpa Bill?

Who, Me???


Kane was feeling a tad under the weather, he was very pathetic...so the Bennett's helped Kaia with her presents!

She was much more interested in the paper wrapping them though...the presents, not as much...

Katie got her a Caterpillar lovey, and it must snuggle her in the crib to this day, and Sue and Diane got her a rocking horse, which she loved, but Logan wanted for his own! So cute!


And none of these amazing pics would be possible without my fabulous sister Kristin and her photography skills!

0 comments: