Early Summer

We started the transition from Spring to Summer off right with a trip to Hanging Rock for some camping. We pitched our giant tent, started a fire, and I cooked the most amazing supper over a campfire! Fish with oranges juiced over them, with fresh veggies... and of course, then it was time for S'Mores!!!

From Camping 2011
From Camping 2011
From Camping 2011
In the evening, it was so nice... sitting around the fire, knitting and just being with Kane and Derrick... we left Kaia at home with our friend Saedi. The next morning, we had a visitor.
From Camping 2011
We took a hike...
From Camping 2011
it was supposed to just be a little circle, but I might have read the map wrong and taken the wrong way...
From Camping 2011
sooooo... over 4 miles of strenuous hiking later we were completely exhausted
From Camping 2011
and ready to get back to camp for hot dogs!
From Camping 2011
From Camping 2011
Next morning I cooked my second full breakfast on the campfire... Derrick was rather amazed that I managed to make an edible breakfast over the fire!
From Camping 2011
The coffee was already brewed, and just being kept warm... the pan is full of fresh scrambled eggs!
From Camping 2011
We also went back to the park but just for a day of swimming for my Aunt Sue's birthday... it was a lot of fun just lazing around the lake for the day, before taking her to Red Lobster for a birthday dinner!
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
And of course there was the Fourth of July, where we went with Sue, my Dad, his wife Pam, my little brother Jay, my brother James and his wife Charity, and my awesome nephew Logan to see fireworks... so much fun playing with them all!
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
We hit another visit to the zoo... it was so hot! But there was a lot more playing from Kaia and Liam this time! They're growing so fast it's scary!
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011
From Summer 2011

0 comments: